Thank you for the three million views of my stories

Share:

And a Blessed Christmas to you all

By Raïssa Robles

I would like to greet everyone  a Blessed Christmas and to thank you all from my heart.

Since I put up this present site a little over a year ago, the 332 stories I have published here have been viewed a total of 3,035,101 times.

This would not at all have been possible without you all, visiting and discussing daily, and forming a community that aspires to create a better nation to hand over to our children and grandchildren. In the course of the year, we have referred to this round-the-clock gathering from all parts of the world as our “CPM”  – Cyber Plaza Miranda.

Before I go on, I would also like to thank my hubby Alan who edits the content, making  sure that sensitive stories are complete before I upload them, writing the heads and suggesting story structuring. He has guided my efforts in more ways than one. On top of cooking me gourmet meals everyday. Yes, he does :)  Yum.

I also want to make a confession, especially to those who frequently post very incisive and well-researched comments on my site. I did not want to divulge  this earlier because I didn’t want anyone to feel conscious, including myself.

But now it’s time to tell you all. That your comments are often read by senior government officials and politicians of all stripes. I know because some of them have personally told me so. For instance, I happened to bump into presidential adviser on political affairs Ronald Llamas during  ex-President Joseph Estrada’s pre-birthday party. Llamas told me he read all the comments on this blog.

The funniest comment I’ve received came at the height of the impeachment trial of former Chief Justice (CJ) Renato Corona from Ombudsman Conchita Carpio-Morales. I met her for the first time during the signing of a Memorandum of Agreement between the Ombudsman and the Commission on Audit. She told me, with a very deadpan face –  “Love ka ni CJ.”

I did know how to reply to THAT ONE.

Looking back, I now realize that the first joint project of that MOA between the Ombudsman and the COA was the meticulous analysis of CJ Corona’s movement of money in and out of his various bank accounts as captured by reported transactions to the Anti-Money Laundering Council.

This year was a very heady, exhausting roller coaster ride for me, punctuated by a foot sprain and a visit to a hospital emergency ward. But I would not have it any other way.

This is the year I came to know all you guys – perfect strangers before these – and now my eager and jolly boon companions on this dream of a better country.

What can I say?

I am blessed.

A reporter’s life had always been a lonely, even monastic one. That is, until the Internet, blogs and social networking sites were invented. Suddenly, a reporter like me has become part of an interactive community like our CPM.

Next year, I expect our CPM community to grow by leaps and bounds.  I can’t do this alone.

We’re in this together.

Before I close, I would like to thank as many of you for not only coming together but sharing your thoughts, your dreams and your criticisms on this site.

There are also some who gave me vital information that contributed to the disclosure of new facts during the CJ Corona trial. I especially want to thank someone who doesn’t want to be known by name, because he said he wants to contribute more  information in  future investigative reports.

I would also like to remember one of us – Elena Lemi – who left us all too soon. She passed away on May 15, 2012. Here is how I came to know about it.

Based on the  statistics provided by Akismet (which filters away spam and virus-filled comments), the most number of comments came from:

Leona – 2,660 comments

Johnny Lin – 2,622 comments

Mel – 1,735 comments

Baycas – 1,684 comments

Victin Luz – 926 comments

Many, many more contributed to the oftentimes lively discussions (and if I did not mention your name, please remind me).

I just managed to cull the names from the latest 132 pages of comments — there are actually 3,079 pages of comments.

I am sure there are thousands more visitors out there who are just lurking, hesitant to post any remarks. I encourage them to join one of the most vibrant and fun online political communities in this country.

I thank you all.

Among the names I managed to extract from the first 132 pages of the 3,079 pages of comments are those of:

Alizarin Viridia

Conrado Morales

Pearl Liu

Danilo Silvestre

Juancho Ong

Rafael Perez

riofai@yahoo.com

In the spirit of Christmas, I would like to share with you two photos I took. The first one (above) is a painting of the Nativity I took inside the Cathedral in Siena.

The second one (below) is a photo I took of my favorite Cathedral – the one in Assisi, where my favorite Saint is buried.

Here is an excerpt from the movie “Brother Sun, Sister Moon” shot on location there.

And below that is a song from the same movie which expresses how I feel about this blog and our ever-growing Cyber Plaza Community. We have to build democracy stone by stone.

272 Responses to “Thank you for the three million views of my stories”

Read below or add a comment...

1. 81
    Mafe says:

Dear Raissa, Alan and all CPM’ers:

Belated Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year! Let’s claim 2013! We will prevail, step by step, little by little. Our dreams will come true. :)

2. 80
    john c. jacinto says:

Happy New Year sa inyong lahat!! Ituloy ang laban!!

3. 79
    arbee says:

Happy New Year everyone!

4. 78
    Joemator says:

Thanks for this blog. Happy New Year and God bless

5. 77
    pinay710 says:

MANIGONG BAGONG TAON!! mam raissa at sir alan at sa inyong pamilya. at sa lahaaaaaaaaaaaat ng CPMers .
    MA
    MAINUSWAGON NGA BAG-ON GA TUIG -sir tomas gomez 111 at sa mga taga tuba kingdom.

PROSPERO ANO NUEVO sir johnny lin at sir baycas at sa mga spanglish

nagasat a baro a tawen kada kayo apo – fed_up, springwoodman at sa mga taga saluyot kingdom

susMANIGONG BAGONG TAON – mam leona

humihingi ako ng PAUMANHIN sa mga nasaktan ko ng damdamin itong nakaraang mga buwan sa mga komento kong medyo masakit. (hindi kasali dito ang c….tinik at kopyador, wala akong dapat ihingi ng paumanhin sa kanila)

sa bagong taon 2013 HILING at PANGARAP ko sana magpatuloy ang pamumuno ni Pangulong Noynoy. PANGARAP ko din sana WALANG magkakamaganak na mamahala sa ating pamahalaan. yung mga gurang na politiko manahimik na sana.

BAGONG TAON, BAGONG PAG-ASA NG BAYAN KONG SINILANGAN!!
    MARAMING SALAMAT RAISSA SA PAGGISING MO SA NATUTULOG KONG KAISIPAN.

6. 76
    Victin Luz says:

Happy New Year to ALL of YOU my fellow CPMER’s most especially to Ma’am Raissa and Allan for allowing me to be a PART of the cpmer’s FAMILY ” kahit po balubaluktot ang grammar ko ay naiintindihan nyo parin ako lalo ang kaibigan kong si @ Mcspeed ”

MANIGONG BAGONG TAON sa ATING LAHAT CPMER’S .

7. 75
    leticia sigley says:

Pahabol bati…… MERRY CHRITSMAS AND A HAPPY AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR to all CPM, especially to you Raissa and Allan. May the blessings of God be with you in 2013.

# 62 – reflection shared by Fr. Eliseo Mercado

Deep in our hearts, we love to feel and think that Bethlehem and Jerusalem are the springboards for our lovegiving and soul enriching but in reality Now these two holy places are both divided by high separation walls – Bethlehem under Palestine and Jerusalem under Israel – which is so heart breaking. Just to see those Palestinians outside the walls waiting for proper papers to enter Jerusalem especially for jobs is shattering. Israelis (back by US) are landgrabbing the territories owned by he Palestinians. Any Palestinians entering these landgrabbed territories are shot down by the Israelis. Recently, UN gave a non observer status to Palestine which would lead to a Palestine statehood. Its so sad to see Bethlehem and Jerusalem now as the places for fightings and killings, the very places where Jesus was born and died. Our tour guide for our Holy Land pilgrimage said we have to keep on doing our pilgrimages or else the Isrealis will close Jerusalem and Bethlehem, thus, becoming a no enter area for outsiders. I do pray everyday for a peaceful settlement between Israel and Palestine.

8. 74
    angie says:

Off Topic:

What is your take regarding the visit of UNA’s 3 kings to suspended Gov. Garcia?

• 74.1
      Tomas Gomez III says:

Obscene.

• 74.2
      Rene-Ipil says:

Angie @ 74

A prime example of extreme arrogance, unbridled ambition, political incontinence and presumptousness. The 3 UNA kingpins are sooooo cocky because of their overwhelming desire to put their respective “UNAno” – meaning underdeveloped – scion in the senate. They have the uncontrollable urge to impose on the Filipino people the mediocre among their offsprings and assuming without shame that the people are soooo gullible, if not stupid, to swallow their waste matter.

• 74.3
      leona says:

The 3 kings may have brought 3 Gifts or 3 things:

king 1 = vinegar for bitterness
      king 2 = gun for sippoku
      king 3 = incensation to get so angry!

Or

king 1 = get sick as a cause for sympathy
      king 2 = sit on a wheelchair to go to a hospital
      king 3 = padlocked oneself in that room and let the SWAT team blow it up!

Or TAKE ME DEAD OR ALIVE = BY ALL 3 kINGS!

• 74.4
      w1lly954 says:

si erap parang may sakit na makakalimutin hindi ba niya matandaan si Lapid at Gordon ay kanyang sinuspinde noon siya ang nakaupo.

9. 73
    jeffcrazy says:

Merry Christmas Ms Raissa. Thank you for putting up this blog as well as all the CPM peeps who never shies from speaking their minds and contributing to the free discourse.. I may not be as visible as others, but i always make it a habit to read any new articles that is being posted here… there was another website im not sure if its from blogspot where I read your older articles before you put this up.. Thank you again, and i hope you continue to keep the flame of investigative journalism burning.. for by informing the public, they are able to make sound decisions..

Happy New Year to all and lets welcome 2013 with a bang!

10. 72
    Mel says:

shhh… :wink:

Maraming salamat din sa ABS-CBN for giving Raïssa and Alan Robles the opportunities.

If not for the ABS-CBN online website (Opinion links), I wouldn’t get to know Raïssa’s investigative reporting, and appreciate Alan’s sense of humor writing.

:smile:

11. 71
    Mark Anthony Bolivar Andrade says:

HappY New Year Ms. Raissa and Sir Alan. . . May God continue to bless you with passion and intelligence through cyber journalism. . . ^_^ Thank You for the very informative articles you have shared to us. . . God Bless and I Look forward seeing an interesting 2013 0 ELECTION TIME. . . ^_^

12. 70
    Targrod says:

Happy Holidays, Miss Raissa!

2013 is going to be interesting. Hello, Elections!

More power to you and to all the CPM-ers who make tambay and dole out pleasurable, intellectual conversations.

And I am just glad that our friendly elected (and non-elected) government officials read your blog. IMHO, this is the real voice. =)

13. 69

RE#62 a reflection shared by Fr. Eliseo “Jun” Mercado, about Christmas –

Ms Raissa

Pardon the smart alecky-ness of this comment ; its inability to grasp.
    As a whole what’s the message? Who’s the second child? The third child?
    Is searching for Santa searching for Bethlehem in the soul? In the English language
    Speaking world, this piece can be adjudged rubbish. Bethlehem , Santa and the soul can be entities or symbols and needs contextual massage. I now partly understand why our clergy’s actuations and thinking are criticized. They don’t come to the point.

• 69.1

And if I may hazard the point:

Jesus was born in a humble place not in LA’s Beverly Hills or biblical Sodom and Gomorra. Nowadays even non-Christians know what that means.

There is nothing wrong in believing or disbelieving in Santa, he is the symbol of actualization of Jesus’ goodness and love for both adults and children as they
      celebrate His birthday.

Nobody is scientifically sure not even the Cardinals and Bishops about the soul
      but it is not wrong to believe that what we do from Christmas to Christmas
      significantly affect the soul. Here’s the smacker: Because Jesus was truly
      born, Faith has nothing to do with Christmas.

• 69.1.1
        leona says:

To believe in Santa for children is alright as they cannot yet believe in reality! Why should bishops try to change this fantastic beliefs of our children?

Long ago, even Cardinals in Rome didn’t want to believe Galilleo’s fantastic discovery that the earth revolves around the Sun! There was no attempt to rebut the discovery at all.

BISHOPS! = Leave alone the children or even adults who wants to believe in Santa Claus! When some of these children becomes bishops or priests they will know what to tell the children then.

14. 68
    Sarah says:

A blessed Christmas to you and your family, and a prosperous new year to us all. May our country keep moving forward.

15. 67
    zamera says:

Used to be a lurker! :D Not that I didn’t have anything to say, just that I was enjoying a lot reading all the comments. Plus my younger kid demands to be cuddled and patted all the time – no hands free to do the typing :D

Happy holidays everyone!

16. 66
    Xander Carreon says:

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you Raissa and to your family

So busy at work kaya di me masyado nakakapag open ng site mo.

Sana hangang retirement ko nanjan ang site mo.

• 66.1
      raissa says:

Thank you, Xander.

Mmmm. Kailan ba retirement mo?

• 66.1.1
        yeheywater says:

30 years from now, sabi ni Xander.

• 66.1.1.1
          pinay710 says:

bakit kapit tuko din ba si xander sa position nya (joke only xander) uso kasi ang kapit tuko sa gobyerno natin. HUWAG ka gagaya kabayan!!! ibahin natin ang takbo ng gobyerno natin. UMPISAHAN MO!! hihihihi kung 30 yrs pa overstaying na sya. maliban na lang kung ngayon lang sya nasa gobyerno or sa pribado. xander sorry ha gusto ko lang maging masaya ang bagong taon natin dahil sobra ang stress ng taong 2012.

• 66.1.1.1.1
            Xander Carreon says:

@pinay710

its ok -no need to say sorry. Dito me sa Middle East kapit tuko hahaha -pero sa work lang naman ako kapit- Nung jan me sa Pinas work sa gobyerno ako pero dahil na din sa pagsalungat ko sa maling sistema ng mga namumuno sa amin, pinersonal nila ang pagiging salungat ko kaya me naging OFW- which is blessing in disguise din naman. Happy New Year sa iyo.

@Raissa and yeheywater,

Di naman 30 years hehehehe- siguro mga 8 years pa or 12 years maximum ( yun ay kung ma extend pa ang contract ko hehehe) di pa kasi tapos ang isa kong anak sa pag aaral.

• 66.1.2
        Xander Carreon says:

mga 8 years pa Raissa or 12 years maximum- but pwede ring mas earlier depende sa tatakbuhing ng Pilipinas from now. Maganda at positibo kasi ang mga naririnig namin kahit sa mga foreigners dito sa Middle East about sa mangyayari sa economy ng Pinas, na mararamdamn daw ng nakakaraming PILIPINO lalo na sa 2015.

17. 65
    tristanism says:

I LOVE YOU ALL!

Consider yourselves hugged tightly.

18. 64
    Martial Bonifacio says:

Part I: Is Toby Tiangco really a staunch critic of gloria arroyo or is he a supporter pretending to be a critic?

If i remember correctly he is the same guy who cried in the impeachment trial because his PDAF or pork was delayed due to his own fault not complying with DBM requirements. The same guy who tried to protect corona but failed miserably.

Alam ba ni Tiangco na si Winston Garcia ay appointed ni gloria arroyo to GSIS and have some legal issues during his term in office, and yet he is supporting this guy?

Part II: Deja Vu
    Ex-Governor garcia words and statements are the same used by no other than GMA, Corona, Abalos and Morato.

1st they all said its only “Politically Motivated.”

2nd Suddenly supporters appears in the scene to show force.

3rd when a court issues a arrest warrant they will either
    – Get a hospital arrest because they suddenly got sick + requires a wheelchair
    – They will seek to leave the country to get some specialist 2nd opinion due to their health.
    – Then their lawyers will pretend to be healthcare professionals and issue health bulletin

4th Once proven guilty (like the corona trial), people like enrile and jinggoy will suddenly ask the civil authorities (BIR and ombudsman) not to pursue other legal actions and instead pabayaan na lang since napahiya na yung tao.

I believe with this recent events proves that UNA is really connected with GMA and her cohorts.

Part III
    Si Binay naman umaasta na parang siya na ang pangulo. Instead to tell her subordinate to follow the order and ask for a TRO. Sinabihan pang magrebelde ka at magkulong ka diyan sa kapitolyo. Yan ba ang dapat na maging sunod na presidente ng Pilipinas?

Wag naman po sana LORD! :(

• 64.1
      Martial Bonifacio says:

Si Ex-gov. Garcia naman ay pretending at nagmamaang-maangan pa na hindi daw alam kung bakit late yung decision ng malacanang so in-effect abswelto na siya sa kaso.

As if she didn’t know na kaya na stall yung decision sa kaso niya is because na aksidente si Sec. Jesse from Cebu at Aug 18, 2012.

Tapos na confirm lang si Mar Roxas at Sep 29, 2012 as DILGs head.

• 64.1.1
        fed_up says:

@Martial Bonifacio. May I add to yours:

Part IV: Threatics and hysterics by Garcia just like Sen. Sotto after delivering his “Turno en Contra” speech in the Senate against the RH bill.

According to a Gallup Poll published by Huffington Post Canada, we topped 150 countries in being the “most emotional country.”

I call this sickness the “Teleserye Syndrome”, possibly an after-effect of TFC’s famous MMK series.

• 64.1.2
        jorge bernas says:

@ Marcial,

Ang galing nang pagkalarawan mo Marcial, Dapat itong mga senador at vise presidente ay doon pumunta sa dinaanan nang bagyo at siguradong makatulong nang malaki pero doon sa Cebu hindi nakatulong bagkus lalong nagka GULO….sana respetuhin muna nila ang batas saka puwede naman sila umakyak sa hukoman kong may gustong ayusin at huwag mag asta na parang silang mga taga Cebu Garcia clan ang tama…

Dahil sa pangyayari dito sa CEBU last week ay nakilala ko nang husto mga TRAPOS na makasarili…KAPIT TUKO pala ha ha ha ha…Nakakahiya….

• 64.2
      angie says:

same sentiment here re Binay. Magising sana ang sambayanang Pilipino come 2016. Huwag naman sana sya ang pumalit kay PNoy.

But I think Binay is testing the water. Whatever the reaction of the public regarding his position re Garcia will dictate his next move.

• 64.3
      pinay710 says:

haaahhhy/1 naku parepareho ang eksena pagka pinaalis sa puesto.( parang cartoon character na nakayapos sa poste pati paa nakaikot sa poste at hinihipan ng malakas na hangin galing sa hininga ng mga mamamayan para mahulog sa pagkakayapos tapos sa may puet nya may nakaabang na wheelchair para pagnakabitaw tuloy tuloy sa hospital) wala na bang maisip na eksena? puro sottocopy kay corona, gma at morato. kontakin nyo ako tuturuan ko kayo ng makalumang paraan na lalong maawa sa inyo ang taong bayan. eto mas mabuti pa para makabawas kayo sa hirap ng bayan, MAGBIGTI NA LANG KAYO!!! BAGO EKSENA YAN!

• 64.3.1
        fed_up says:

Manang, yong “blood pressure” mo!

• 64.3.1.1
          pinay710 says:

oo nga eh panay ang inom ko ng tubig. may isang bote akong tubig sa tabi ko pagnasa website ako ni raissa hihihiihi gusto ko pang umuwi ano! para makasali sa mga rally. noon hindi ako sumali dahil kailangan ako makatapos ng aral ko. pero ngayon puede na ako makipagrumble sa edsa or kahit saan. kahit na ako nakatungkod.

• 64.4
      AngLagay says:

@ Martial… well written comments. I remember that Toby T. during the corakot impeachment. The guy with a teenager hairdo! To my book, another unqualified person to hold a high elected position. Why is it that in the Philippines, plenty of kurakot, uneducated and not really qualified to their high position (in a way, kahit well educated… kurakot pa din), too many belong to mag-anak or kami-kami party? Wala na ba talagang matino na karapat-dapat malagay sa puwesto? Masyado ng kawawa si Juan dela Cruz.

By the way, THANK YOU SO MUCH, RAISSA for remembering my internet alias. I am retired now but very pre-occupied with my loving little dog and fly fishing (I remember one of your advice to my fellow CPM) OK… I will train her to type. He.he.he

Belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and family. Also.. to all fellow CPM. Mabuhay ang Pilipinas.

• 64.5
      leona says:

Na u-una ang isip niya na siya ay pang-ulo na! Nakita ko siya noon EDSA 1, naka bandoleer ng mga ammunitions, may Ten Gallon hat pa, sugod sa TV station, for interview. Like he was ready to fight Marcos! Noon nag “study’ siya kung bagay ba si Marcos ma libing sa LNB, ano ang rekomendasyon niya?

ILIBING SI MARCOS SA LIBINGAN NG MGA BAYANI! Aruyyyyyy koooo pooooo!

Buti na lang, reversed siya si PNoy! Ang politika walang sina SANTO ng mga VALUES or good things in LIFE!

Puro kalokohan ang laro ng politiks GAMES! Corruption is No. 1.

Be Ready For 2013 Elections on this THOUGHT! Vote No UNA candidates! Vote STRAIGHT LIBERAL PARTY!

19. 63
    fed_up says:

As a Gospel Truth seeker desirous of practicing his religion free from any pagan vestige or errors of interpretation from the original Holy Bible, I often get entangled in situations that cause the weakening of my faith.

One such situation happened on Dec. 17’s “Simbang Gabi” Mass where the priest’s homily was about Christ’ genealogy.

The priest read: “The total number of generations from Abraham to David is fourteen generations; from David to the Babylonian exile, fourteen generations; from the Babylonian exile to the Christ, fourteen generations.”

I have no quarrel with this; it fits in nicely with what is written in the Holy Scriptures.

My trouble emerged when he named the fourteen generations that comprised the genealogy after the Babylonian exile to the birth of Christ.

According to him: “After the Babylonian exile, Jechoniah became the father of Shealtiel1, Shealtiel the father of Zerubbabel2, Zerubbabel the father of Abiud3, Abiud became the father of Eliakim4, Eliakim the father of Azor5, Azor the father of Zadok6, Zadok became the father of Achim7, Achim the father of Eliud8, Eliud the father of Eleazar9, Eleazar became the father of Matthan10, Matthan the father of Jacob11, Jacob the father of Joseph12, the husband of Mary. Of her was born Jesus who is called the Christ.13”
    (Numbering is mine.)

There are two things that are wrong here:
    1. It appears that Christ was the biological Son of Mary and husband and, therefore,
    did not come to earth thru Virgin Birth. This is contrary to our Catholic belief;

2. There are only thirteen, not fourteen, generations from the Babylonian exile to
    the Christ.

In my search and research for the Gospel Truth about Christ’s genearlogy, I came upon the explanation of Michael Rood, a retired U.S. Marine and a Messianic Jew from this link:

At 5:39 minutes, Rood says:
    “After they were brought from Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel1; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel2; And Zorobabel begat Abiud3; And Abiud begat Eliakim4; And Eliakim begat Azor5; And Azor begat Sadoc6; and Sadoc begat Achim7; and Achim begat Eliud8; and Eliud begat Eleazar9; And Eleazar begat Matthan10; and Matthan begat Jacob11; …..”

At 14:02 minutes, Rood continues:
    “Jacob11 begat Yoseph12 the father (NOT HUSBAND) of Mirriam13, of whom was born Y’shua14, who is called Messiah.”

In effect, Rood has pointed out that Jesus’ kingly line to David was through Mary and not Joseph.

Thanks to Rood, he just infused a renewed vigor to my Catholic faith. I’ll remain within its fold.

Note: “Messianic Jew” defined:
    A Jewish person who believes that Yeshua (Jesus) is their Messiah as opposed to mainstream Judaism Jews who don’t accept Him.

• 63.1
      Tomas Gomez III says:

There is hardly any currently practiced religious rite that has no antecedent in pagan societies before religion instituted/organized unexplainable phenomena/superstition into religious/dogmatic creed. Much of tradition that has been carried forward forms the bedrock of faith. That is the human experience.

• 63.2
      leona says:

@fed up…misled ka. When you get entangle in religious entanglement discussion, it is not a sign of ‘weakening’ but strengthening of your religious beliefs!

The bad bishops and priests do not want such strength but your weaknesses…to exploit you and us! Merry Christmas in your Strength then!

20. 62
    raissa says:

I would like to share with you guys a reflection shared by Fr. Eliseo “Jun” Mercado, about Christmas –

SEARCHING FOR BETHLEHEM IN THE SOUL

Almost everything about Christmas, from its deep real meaning to the piety and even (ironically) the commercialism we surround it with, invites us to be that third child.

But that’s not easy. To be an adult is precisely to be experienced, complex, wounded. To be an adult is to have lost one’s innocence. None of us, unless we die very young, carries the dignity of our person and of our baptism unstained through life. We fall, we compromise, we sin, we get hurt, we hurt others, and mostly we grow ever more pathologically complex, with layer after layer of emotional and intellectual complexity separating us from when we were children who
    once waited for Christmas in innocence and joyful anticipation. And that can be painful.

Sometimes, if we’re sensitive, the innocence of children can be like the stab of knife to the soul, making us feel as if we’ve fallen from ourselves. But, in the end, that’s an unhealthy over-idealization. We’re not meant to be children forever and innocence will always be lost.

Sometimes, more positively, we get to experience our old innocence and youthful wonder vicariously in the eyes of our own children, in their joyful anticipation and gleeful celebration of Christmas. Their belief in Santa and the wonder in their eyes as they look at the baby-Jesus in the crib help us find a certain softness inside again; not at the same place where we once felt things when we were children and still believed in Santa (because that would only bring the painful stab of nostalgia) but at a new place, a place beyond where we defined ourselves as grown-up (because that’s the place where wisdom is born).

That’s also the place where Jesus is born. That’s Bethlehem in the soul.

(Fr. Ron Rolheiser, OMI)

21. 61
    Gene Simmowns says:

Happy holidays everyone!

22. 60
    Vibora says:

Masaganang Bagong Taon sa lahat….

23. 59
    notchfilter says:

Merry Christmas sa lahat! :)

24. 58
    Lorena says:

@migobong

I agree with you. When Jesse was alive meron nang nababanaagang pagbabago.

Hope was in the horizon.

And then… Lumabo…But with sustaining energy from CPMers we’ll get there.

25. 57
    baycas says:

It’s almost 24 hours since I thanked Ma’am Raissa for caring.

I should also thank…3M times…everyone here who cared.

May the Caring in Plaza Miranda propagate further in 2013…

26. 56
    Lorena says:

Thanks for including me in the list. Merry Christmas!

I have posted several times, of course airing my own views on the matter at hand. I view myself as a bonafide Filipino CPMer, Sometimes I am mistaken for a troll (whatever the term actually means kasi merong nagpapadaplis/ magpapalipad-hangin kung baga, nang ganoon, when I post a dissenting opinion, and I just post some of the time.

I am a regular reader with an advocacy which I wish in my heart I could tell you all.

In line with Daang Matuwid which should actually be synonymous with Tamang Daan kasi for some Matuwid means conformable with existing laws. What do you do when the laws are defective from years back.

Right now even if there would be commenters to this post, I will be unable to answer since I am busy writing a reply with a deadline.

• 56.1
      raissa says:

Don’t worry, Lorena.

The Year 2013 stretches before us, full of immense possibilities.

Drop by when you can.

• 56.1.1
        w1lly954 says:

Ms. Riassa wish you’ve included me but anyway Merry Christmas to all.

• 56.1.1.1
          raissa says:

I’m sorry, Willy.

As I said, the list is incomplete.

I’ll add you now.

You’re in between:

Jrivera999 and AUGUST C FERNANDO

The list is according to the number of comments as recorded by Akismet.

• 56.1.1.1.1
            w1lly954 says:

Thank you very much Ms. Raissa from now on I’ll try to make more comments or inputs.

• 56.1.1.1.2
            leona says:

Read and Write here. This is much better than a Chess game! Share with US your thoughts in your words. Feel Free. Take it Free. Never mind how many you wrote. What counts is – Did You Share With Us?

Remember: @Baycas and Sharing. At Raissa’s, You Will Be Mightily Quilling.

27. 55
    Baltazar says:

MALIGAYANG PASKO sa lahat.. Huli man daw at magaling …ay huli pa rin :-) Salamat sa mga bumati. Baltazar (..err was he one of the Tatlong Haring Gago ? :-) ) has been too busy since he came back from overseas due to the sad passing of one of his in laws. (really untimely , it was).
    Well, we have seen here at CPM even those nasty threat especially during the CJ trial. I expect that during this 2013 election season, those who threw mud before will pratically throw s#it at CPM …so beware. If we went against a corrupt CJ last time – this time we will be going against a bunch of morons who want a seat in the senate, congress etc…Bullets will definitely be fired from anywhere so , shield on, duck down, lock and load, aim and fire..in short, prepare. I foresee more and more showdowns between CPM’rs and the defenders of the IL Senatores BTW, IL – Ignoramus League
    Alan & Raissa thanks to your tandem…All CPMers – .. a blessed 2013 ahead!

• 55.1
      raissa says:

Hello Baltazar.

Which gift was your tocayo supposed to give to Jesus?

I expect you to be in the thick of the battle :)

• 55.1.1
        Baltazar says:

@raissa,
        I expect you to be in the thick of the battle
        ..I’m there :-).
        WRT the gift, dunno really. Protestants did not name the Magis the way Catholics did . Anyways there were only Gold , Myrrh & Frankincense , I ‘ll choose Gold because it’s a gift fitted to a king – the Lord Jesus.

28. 54
    fed_up says:

I have a confession to make.

Previous to 2006, I often declare with finality to my colleagues in the academe: “If God has wanted me to live elsewhere, I should have been born there.”

I have broken that vow.

Since then, I have lived with a heavy burden of guilt. I began to shrivel.

Then I discovered this blog which “Live Traffic Feed” (right pane) tells me it is read not only by influential people who rules the country but also by country-loving Filipinos who were forced to leave because of harsh realities at home.

My participation here has transfigured me into thinking that today we are all citizens of one global village. Needless to say, my life has taken on a new meaning and beginning.

Joining in the discussions here gives me the feeling that one doesn’t have to have both feet planted on the soil where he saw the first light of day in order for his voice to be heard in the course of nation building.

Thanks Ms Raissa for giving me redemption and validation.

When the time comes, I go to my grave happy with the thought that I did not break any vow.

Merry Christmas to you, your hubby and kids, and to all who congregate here (CPMers).

• 54.1
      parengtony says:

“Thanks Ms Raissa for giving me redemption and validation.”

I like your candor. Bagay sa Kapaskohan.

• 54.1.1
        fed_up says:

@parengtony. In return, thanks also.

• 54.1.1.1
          raissa says:

Dear @fed_up and @parengtony,

I’d suggest you find someone whom you could help, perhaps with his or her education.

You will find a way to pay it forward.

A Blessed Christmas to you both.

• 54.1.1.1.1
            fed_up says:

@raissa. Thanks for your greeting.

I’m done with education.

On my last day of school in the small office which I headed, I wrote on the whiteboard:

“Nobody stays in one place forever.

We all have to go in our own time.

My own time has come.

etc”

I have always maintained that teaching is one of the noble professions. But let’s face it, teaching in the Philippines is not financially rewarding. This is the reason why, long before the passage of the RH bill, I have planned to limit the number of my children to four.

As an educator, I believed that the school should always be a generator of good values that would spill over its campus to the “real world”.

We all know how bad is the “real world” where our children are and children’s children will be living in.

Going back to school to teach is out of the question for me now. My sun has started to set in.

All I desire now is to be able to contribute my ideas in your blog for the improvement of the state of affairs in our country today.

More power to you and Allan.

• 54.2
      springwoodman says:

As a fellow expatriate wanting the best for the motherland: “You can take a Pinoy out of the country but you can never take the country out of a Pinoy.”

And: “Home is where the heart is”.

• 54.2.1
        Tomas Gomez III says:

Angkas ako!

• 54.2.1.1
          vander anievas says:

hahaha, laughing out but tears in the heart.
          we’re in same boat.

though already here in PHL doing time and busying self in minute-sized projects.

i never was comfortable being an OFW so i forced myself to stay, living frugally within my own means.

hope is seen with our pnoy as prez and raissa and alan in tow. cpmers, hold on. mission is still in the offing. lots of stuff on our way…here comes 2013!!!

29. 53
    Gintong Lahi says:

May you stay healthy and strong for your factual writing brings hope and spirit to our suffering nation.

30. 52
    danny says:

maligayang pasko at manigong bagong taon…take care and god bless

31. 51
    Rudy Portugal says:

God Bless you! More power to you!

32. john c. jacinto says:

Happy New Year sa inyong lahat!! Ituloy ang laban!!

33. arbee says:

Happy New Year everyone!

34. Joemator says:

Thanks for this blog. Happy New Year and God bless

35. pinay710 says:

MA

PROSPERO ANO NUEVO sir johnny lin at sir baycas at sa mga spanglish

susMANIGONG BAGONG TAON – mam leona

BAGONG TAON, BAGONG PAG-ASA NG BAYAN KONG SINILANGAN!!
    MARAMING SALAMAT RAISSA SA PAGGISING MO SA NATUTULOG KONG KAISIPAN.

36. Victin Luz says:

MANIGONG BAGONG TAON sa ATING LAHAT CPMER’S .

37. leticia sigley says:

# 62 – reflection shared by Fr. Eliseo Mercado

38. angie says:

Off Topic:

• Tomas Gomez III says:

Obscene.

• Rene-Ipil says:

Angie @ 74

• leona says:

The 3 kings may have brought 3 Gifts or 3 things:

king 1 = vinegar for bitterness
      king 2 = gun for sippoku
      king 3 = incensation to get so angry!

Or

king 1 = get sick as a cause for sympathy
      king 2 = sit on a wheelchair to go to a hospital
      king 3 = padlocked oneself in that room and let the SWAT team blow it up!

Or TAKE ME DEAD OR ALIVE = BY ALL 3 kINGS!

• w1lly954 says:

39. jeffcrazy says:

Happy New Year to all and lets welcome 2013 with a bang!

40. Mel says:

shhh… :wink:

:smile:

41. Mark Anthony Bolivar Andrade says:

42. Targrod says:

Happy Holidays, Miss Raissa!

2013 is going to be interesting. Hello, Elections!

43. RE#62 a reflection shared by Fr. Eliseo “Jun” Mercado, about Christmas –

Ms Raissa

Pardon the smart alecky-ness of this comment ; its inability to grasp.
    As a whole what’s the message? Who’s the second child? The third child?

• And if I may hazard the point:

celebrate His birthday.

Nobody is scientifically sure not even the Cardinals and Bishops about the soul
      but it is not wrong to believe that what we do from Christmas to Christmas
      significantly affect the soul. Here’s the smacker: Because Jesus was truly
      born, Faith has nothing to do with Christmas.

• leona says:

44. Sarah says:

45. zamera says:

Happy holidays everyone!

46. Xander Carreon says:

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you Raissa and to your family

So busy at work kaya di me masyado nakakapag open ng site mo.

Sana hangang retirement ko nanjan ang site mo.

• raissa says:

Thank you, Xander.

Mmmm. Kailan ba retirement mo?

• yeheywater says:

30 years from now, sabi ni Xander.

• pinay710 says:

• Xander Carreon says:

@pinay710

@Raissa and yeheywater,

• Xander Carreon says:

47. tristanism says:

I LOVE YOU ALL!

Consider yourselves hugged tightly.

48. Martial Bonifacio says:

Part II: Deja Vu

1st they all said its only “Politically Motivated.”

2nd Suddenly supporters appears in the scene to show force.

3rd when a court issues a arrest warrant they will either
    – Get a hospital arrest because they suddenly got sick + requires a wheelchair

Part III

Wag naman po sana LORD! :(

• Martial Bonifacio says:

Tapos na confirm lang si Mar Roxas at Sep 29, 2012 as DILGs head.

• fed_up says:

@Martial Bonifacio. May I add to yours:

• jorge bernas says:

@ Marcial,

• angie says:

• pinay710 says:

• fed_up says:

Manang, yong “blood pressure” mo!

• pinay710 says:

• AngLagay says:

• leona says:

ILIBING SI MARCOS SA LIBINGAN NG MGA BAYANI! Aruyyyyyy koooo pooooo!

Puro kalokohan ang laro ng politiks GAMES! Corruption is No. 1.

49. fed_up says:

(Numbering is mine.)

There are two things that are wrong here:

the Christ.

At 5:39 minutes, Rood says:

At 14:02 minutes, Rood continues:

Note: “Messianic Jew” defined:

• Tomas Gomez III says:

• leona says:

50. raissa says:

SEARCHING FOR BETHLEHEM IN THE SOUL

That’s also the place where Jesus is born. That’s Bethlehem in the soul.

(Fr. Ron Rolheiser, OMI)

51. Gene Simmowns says:

Happy holidays everyone!

52. Vibora says:

Masaganang Bagong Taon sa lahat….

53. notchfilter says:

Merry Christmas sa lahat! :)

54. Lorena says:

@migobong

I agree with you. When Jesse was alive meron nang nababanaagang pagbabago.

Hope was in the horizon.

And then… Lumabo…But with sustaining energy from CPMers we’ll get there.

55. baycas says:

It’s almost 24 hours since I thanked Ma’am Raissa for caring.

I should also thank…3M times…everyone here who cared.

May the Caring in Plaza Miranda propagate further in 2013…

56. Lorena says:

Thanks for including me in the list. Merry Christmas!

• raissa says:

Don’t worry, Lorena.

The Year 2013 stretches before us, full of immense possibilities.

Drop by when you can.

• w1lly954 says:

Ms. Riassa wish you’ve included me but anyway Merry Christmas to all.

• raissa says:

I’m sorry, Willy.

As I said, the list is incomplete.

I’ll add you now.

You’re in between:

Jrivera999 and AUGUST C FERNANDO

The list is according to the number of comments as recorded by Akismet.

• w1lly954 says:

• leona says:

Remember: @Baycas and Sharing. At Raissa’s, You Will Be Mightily Quilling.

57. Baltazar says:

Alan & Raissa thanks to your tandem…All CPMers – .. a blessed 2013 ahead!

• raissa says:

Hello Baltazar.

Which gift was your tocayo supposed to give to Jesus?

I expect you to be in the thick of the battle :)

• Baltazar says:

@raissa,
        I expect you to be in the thick of the battle
        ..I’m there :-).

58. fed_up says:

I have a confession to make.

I have broken that vow.

Since then, I have lived with a heavy burden of guilt. I began to shrivel.

Thanks Ms Raissa for giving me redemption and validation.

• parengtony says:

“Thanks Ms Raissa for giving me redemption and validation.”

I like your candor. Bagay sa Kapaskohan.

• fed_up says:

@parengtony. In return, thanks also.

• raissa says:

Dear @fed_up and @parengtony,

You will find a way to pay it forward.

A Blessed Christmas to you both.

• fed_up says:

@raissa. Thanks for your greeting.

I’m done with education.

“Nobody stays in one place forever.

We all have to go in our own time.

My own time has come.

etc”

More power to you and Allan.

• springwoodman says:

And: “Home is where the heart is”.

• Tomas Gomez III says:

Angkas ako!

• vander anievas says:

hahaha, laughing out but tears in the heart.
          we’re in same boat.

59. Gintong Lahi says:

60. danny says:

maligayang pasko at manigong bagong taon…take care and god bless

61. Rudy Portugal says:

God Bless you! More power to you!

62. -->